This CLE will provide a basic primer on several of the key issues when attorneys are faced with potential clients who have been sexually assaulted, including:
• safety planning for survivors;
• how to appropriately interview a trauma survivor;
• pros and cons of reporting to law enforcement;
• an overview of civil remedies available to survivors; and
• the effect of a sexual assault claim on a client's other legal matters.
This CLE is intended as an introductory guide to help general practitioner attorneys feel more comfortable issue spotting and responding appropriately when approached by a potential client or inquiry from someone who has suffered a sexual assault. Our panelists are McKenzie Harker
, staff attorney at Victims Rights Law Center; Barbara C. Long
, partner at Vogt & Long PC; and Ashley Vaughn
, attorney at the Dumas Law Group.
Download Class Materials Here